- Teams are open to all HS students and 1st year college students. Some older 8th graders may also be eligible to play in the U15/16 age bracket depending on their birthdate.
- Skill levels are variable in this age group, so recreational players will enjoy this program, and are encouraged to register. Even if you have been away from the game for a season, or even for a year - consider getting back in the mix!
- Athletes playing other spring varsity sports at their respective high schools can play on these teams. So, if you are a track, softball, lacrosse, baseball, tennis, or other sport athlete for your HS, you can still fit this soccer into your schedule and keep your soccer skills sharp.
- Teams are open to any player - **including** those playing Spring club soccer (such as DFC, or any other club teams in NEP, MAPLE/NSL, MASC, etc.)
- Teams are a great opportunity for players who want to keep improving, especially those thinking about trying out for DHS or other local high school soccer teams in the fall.
- Teams are Town-based - you will represent Duxbury against other Coastal League towns (most of the same towns as you played when you were in U10-U14).
- Teams do NOT require a tryout. You will simply be placed on a team and a coach will contact you.
- Teams play games on Sundays, typically after midday, late April though early June; CYSL playoffs would be through late June.
- Teams require minimal commitment -- most teams do not hold a practice due to the increased number of obligations for HS students. Some teams may hold one best-effort practice per week
Please sign up today - and tell your friends to get their registrations done too, in the next few days. Duxbury YSA must commit to a final number of teams in these age groups in the very near future.
Teams will be formed at both the U15/U16 and the U17/18/19 level. Teams will be formed as Duxbury-only teams if there are sufficient registrations. In age groups where the number of registered players is not sufficient to form a Duxbury-only team, players will be pooled with players from nearby towns such as Marshfield, Pembroke, Scituate, or other CYSL towns.
You may sign up at a later date; but your chance to to play on a Duxbury-only team with friends will decrease significantly (and likely disappear) if you wait.
>> To register, please go to www.duxburyyouthsoccer.org. Please register in the "2018 Spring Boys/Girls High School + 1st Yr College Soccer" registration program.
for their 2nd Annual OFFICIAL JUVENTUS ACADEMY SOCCER CAMP
Last summer, Juve sent a team of their elite Juventus Academy coaches to Duxbury to run their first camp ever in the Boston area. The camp was a huge success, so Juve is returning in August to make sure this year's camp is bigger and better than ever!
BOYS AND GIRLS AGES 5-18 AUGUST 6 - 10, 2018
COPPENS FIELD COMPLEX
Full Day (5 Days / 30 total hours) -- $475
Half Day (5 Days / 15 total hours) -- $310
The Juventus Academy Soccer Camp in Duxbury provides an amazing, authentic soccer experience for players seeking to improve their technique and overall understanding of the game. Everything is performed with intensity at match tempo and under the watchful eyes of the elite Juventus Academy coaches, giving the players unrivaled exposure to Juve's world famous player development methodology. The players will have fun, hone their interpersonal and leadership skills, and learn to play soccer the Juventus way!
The camp is run by a team of coaches from Juve's world famous academy system in partnership with D.F.C. The curriculum and methodology used in the camp were developed at the Juventus Academy in Torino, Italy.
Each player will receive a Juventus Academy training kit (shirt, shorts, socks) at the opening of the camp and, upon completing the camp, a diploma to mark their achievement.
DYSA frequently evolves and improves our programming in order to ensure that we better meet your needs and that our offerings remain truly beneficial to the soccer community in Duxbury. Our goal is to provide great soccer opportunities to our entire youth soccer community, regardless of your level of playing experience or commitment to the game of soccer.
The purpose of this email is to provide you with an overview of our current programming so that you can more easily make the best possible soccer-related decisions going forward. Below are several exhibits designed to answer your questions and to help guide you through the potentially confusing world of youth soccer. (Click on them to open in PDF format.)
In the next week or so, we will also send out an additional communication focusing specifically on our programming for the winter and spring. This subsequent email will help walk you through the decisions you will need to make in the weeks or month ahead. In the meantime, we hope you find this information helpful. Happy Holidays!
Duxbury Youth Soccer Association
Board of Directors
Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association recently launched their on-line coach education course, G / U6-8 coach licensing course. This is the entry level course designed for those folks who are coaching our youngest players.
John Burrill, Executive Director of MYSA writes the following:
"The G-Course online is especially unique in the fact that all students have a LIVE interactive instructor available for questions and discussion as they go through the course. With today's busy lifestyles we understand the problems that coaches face trying to block out time to attend a live course. In an attempt to address this problem and to provide education to those who may not otherwise seek it, we have developed a course that mirrors our live course. It is our sincere hope that every coach in Massachusetts will earn their license, and providing this course will allow all people to do so from the comfort of their own home or office.
We encourage all your coaches to become licensed and take this course. We will still be holding ‘live’ G courses as well for those who want a live instructor. You can access the G on line either thru or web site or at www.massyouthcoachingcourse.org"
Duxbury Youth Soccer will reimburse all Coaches registered in our program, who obtain a certificate of completion. We encourage all coaches to utilize this convenient training tool.